Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 (aka-the required, end of the year, sappy, nostalgic post)

Hey! I haven't been on here in ages. That could have something to do with the fact that I was grounded, but we won't mention it.

It's December 31. Translated, it's the day everyone writes a somewhat sappy post about the past year and the word "nostalgia" is thrown around like a football. Here goes...

This year has been crazy. It's been full of change, tears, laughter, new friends, incredible memories, bad memories, sunny days, rainy days, good days, bad days, opportunities both taken and missed, frustrations, love, and so much more! This time last year I had no idea what was coming for me over the next 365 days. It was so much more than I expected and I really don't think I would change anything. Last January I prayed that God would do amazing things this year, that He would use me and teach me and lots of other things...it was one of the most passionate prayers I think I've ever prayed and God totally answered, but not at all in the way I expected. I thought I'd go on mission trips and witness to everyone I ran my basket into at the grocery store and always feel super close to God. But that didn't happen. Here's what happened:


I became a Christian. My dad lost his job. My mom got a job. My sister graduated and went off to college. My sister-in-law had a baby. I went back to school after homeschooling for 5 years. I joined band. My church got a new pastor. I got my first boyfriend. :) I met so many new people and made lots of new friends. Everyone at my church pretty much turned into my family. It's been amazing. And not amazing. I hated some moments, and completely soaked in others.

Thank you to everyone who's put up with me this year. Thank you to everyone who's had random conversations with me in the hallway. Thank you Kendyl for never forgetting inside jokes. Thank you Juliana for being amazing. Thank you Autumn for listening to all my deep and personal thoughts ;). Thank you Hannah for being your cute little self :). Thank you to everyone at ballet for laughing with me and being awesome...I miss you girls! Thank you Cory for talking on the phone all hours of the night with me, remembering inside jokes, laughing with me, and making it necessary to empty my text inbox at least once a day. Thank you A'kelon for keeping Cory safe no matter the cost haha. Thank you Kever for rumors, Kodak moments, and table babies. Thank you Bates for letting me sit at your table without having to pay. Thank you Chris for being a nerd...it inspires me. lol. Thank you Sissy for making me laugh and pretending to be in love with me at that certain place where we're the only ones not madly in love. Thank you Jon Acuff for your awesome blogs...they continue to blow me away (haha). Thank you Stephenie Meyer for writing books that keep me awake and inspire me to write. Thank you. Yes you, for reading my blog. Thank You Jesus for being faithful when I'm faithless and always welcoming me back with open arms and teaching me. Thank you family for putting up with the worst of me, including the fact that I should be cleaning right now but I'm not. I'm sure I've forgotten many people, so here's a 2008 thank-you that covers everyone else...Thank you!

And now on to my favorites of 2008.
Music: UnderOATH, first and foremost. And all the awesome bands on bandsonfire.com for writing the most amazing lyrics ever.
TV shows: Drake & Josh!! I'm addicted to it.
Books: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. duh. But Karen Kingsbury's Baxter Family Drama was also pretty cool.
Movies: Fireproof. haha.
Food: the cafeteria's chicken fingers (I think that's what they're called)
Vacations: Youth Camp and 6 Flags.
Rollercoasters: The Boss and Batman
Blogs: Stuff Christians Like
Website: Facebook and Blogspot, of course.
Memories: Youth camp and pretty much every band-related event.
Quote: "Hey, I repeat things for emphasis. Emphasis!"-Josh from Drake and Josh
Facebook Application: Pieces of Flair
Word: Sploosh.
Bible verses: Isaiah 43:1-4
Store: Rue21

Well, I best be going. Happy New Year!

Much Love,
Marissa

No comments: