Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Furthermore (What a smart-sounding word)

Guess who's not grounded from the computer anymore! Me! Good job. It has been storming like crazy all day. I love it. I wish it would never stop. It makes me want to be with people I love or snuggle under a blanket and read. It also makes me sleepy, which can be partially blamed on staying up too late last night to finish(ok, start) a project that was due today. But so goes the life of a teenager.
I'm still not done with New Moon. Pathetic, I know.
16 days until Christmas. Crazy. We had a Christmas parade last night. It was pretty fun. Well, not the parade part but everything else. I love band!

I learned something about myself today..I really enjoy classical music. Great, I can add that to my ever-growing list of things that make me the biggest nerd ever. But anyways, we were in band today and these kids just randomly start playing on these random pianos and it was BEAUTIFUL! I really almost cried. Not even kidding. I could just get lost in that stuff. But actually I think I mostly like music that I can appreciate. I mean, of course I like some random stupid songs that taste like throw up because the same message/beat/verse-verse-chorus-verse-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-dramatic ending is used in virtually 98% of songs, but I can't really get into something unless I feel like like there's a high level of talent in it. I appreciate music with passion. And there I go again, sounding like a nerd. :) But it's true.

Here's a story that proves we live in the 21st century... So my brother bought a house yesterday and no one bothered to tell me this piece of information, so I get on Facebook today and his status is all "Brandon is experiencing buyer's remorse." I was like "What?! Did they buy a house?" Then my mom came home and I asked her about it and she was like "Yeah, did I not tell you that?" I was like, "Umm..no!" Oh man, good ol' Facebook. Where would we be without it?

I really like blogs. Whether it's as wacky as Jon Acuff's StuffChristiansLike or as simple as Autumn's Random Reflections, I just love to hear other people's thoughts. Not in a creepy, Edward way, I just find it incredibly interesting to hear about people's lives, thoughts, interests etc.

And finally, I shall leave you with a song called "Golgotha" by Woe of Tyrants

Was it a day, a day just like today?
Imagine, the same sun we know casting a haunting shadow upon the sand.
In a not so distant land, spectators breathing the air we breathe, casting the same rocks, sweating the same sweat.
Their eyes ablaze, glazed with an ancient gaze, it was still the same then as today.
The weight of the timber of that tree, pales in comparison when contrasted with the weight of the world; the shame and the pain, the burden we just couldn’t bear.
The darkest day on the earth some would say, the Light of the World searching ever ready to ignite.
The soldiers are tormenting but they don’t know why, still He is speaking on their behalf.
This day would bring hope to us all.
There’s imminent danger at hand, and in the sand we still stand.
With our spears ready to thrust, our feet creating dust. And now it swirls like a tornado in hot pursuit of its next building to collapse.
The thick glass we see through darkly, as we have smeared it with mud.
And somehow we still think it to be all about us, but it’s all about You.
I know I’m covered in filth, and I need to be cleaned.
For this curse is strong, but the cure is here, and although I fall, I know that you’re near.
I know that you’re right here.
You’re right here.



Much Love,
Marissa

P.S. Sorry this post is so spastic and A.D.D. I feel like I'm punching you with these short little paragraphs. Tomorrow will be better. Promise.

No comments: