Monday, December 22, 2008

12 Zero Cool Things I've Done Today

This day has raced past me very slowly. It's been one of the most boring days I've ever had to live through! So to make myself feel better about wasting it, I've composed a list of 12 Zero Cool Things I've Done Today (Yeah, I'm not too sure what zero cool is either, but it was a synonym for awesome on thesaurus.com, so it's got cred, whatever that means. I'm basically a synonym for awesome as well..just thought I'd throw that out there.) Anyways, without further ado, here it is...



12 Zero Cool Things I've Done Today.


  1. Slept in. I slept until 10:18 today. That might be a personal record. Maybe. But if it was a world--or even family--record, my sister would have broken it with her impressive ability to sleep till nearly 3 in the afternoon.

  2. Drank Boiled Custard. Doesn't seem that exciting, does it? Oh but it is. It's like a delicacy in my family and we're only allowed to drink it the week before Christmas.

  3. Found a grammatical error in Breaking Dawn. As I write this, I feel like I should wind up on CNN for it. I'm sure this book went through many editors, both human and computerized. I'm sure there were many opportunities for Mrs. Meyer to edit this. What is the error, you ask? I'm no English teacher, but I'm fairly certain there should be a certain 2-lettered preposition somewhere in this sentence: "How could we know that a human was able conceive a child with one of us?"

  4. Got on Facebook. Boring as snoring, I know.

  5. Received a text saying "I hope I get hit by a car" and another saying "I'm hungry as a bear." Both from Cory. Enough said :)

  6. Didn't see snow. Not outside anyway..the news never lets me forget that most of America is covered in snowy goodness, though.

  7. Wanted to drive. I can't wait to drive. Life will be easier I'm sure.

  8. Ate candy by the handful. That's pretty much all I've eaten today...chocolate, nuts covered in chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, triangular-shaped chocolate, awkwardly shaped chocolate clumps, rectangular chocolate, chocolate with sprinkles. I'm a little surprised I haven't thrown up.

  9. Watched that news story about the plane that crashed, complete with safety tips for if I ever get on a plane that decides to crash, about 17 times. I'll probably dream about it and wake up with my hands up in front of me and my forehead against my hands so as to alleviate some of the force of the crash.

  10. Looked beautiful. But I guess that's a given. No, I'm totally kidding!

  11. Read Trey Morgan's blog and now I really want to know what the spicy text he tried to send to his wife but inadvertently sent to his high-school aged son's friend said.

  12. Struggled to find the 12th thing. And gave up.

I haven't written a 3 or 5 paragraph expository essay in a long while. I might be having withdrawals. Maybe I ought to go write one. Or maybe I ought to talk to my boyfriend, since that's generally a good thing for teenage girls to do.


MUCH LOVE,


MARISSA

P.S. I accidentally clicked a button before I published this which sent me to some other page and when I hit the back arrow, it took me to a page that said Create Post. A blank page that said Create Post. I hyperventilated a little inside. That is, until I went to this shnazzy little place I like to call The Editing Room and found that good ol' Blogspot saved a draft of my post. Hallelujah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like that excerpt from Breaking Dawn doesn't know what tense it wants to be in, a pretty ameteur mistake but still something only the snoopiest of grammer nazis would find ;)
My guess is that it should read something like:
"How could we have known that a human would be to able conceive a child with one of us?" or something similar.

Anyway I'm only here because I just find out about the phrase 'zero cool' myself and was looking for some kind of proper definition, no such luck. :(