Sunday, December 21, 2008

Love Creates Brilliant Colors...

Happy First Day of Winter! It sure feels like it. It's like 34 degrees. Brr! Can you tell I live in the South? Haha.

This blog is making me into a bigger nerd than I already was. I find myself looking through a dictionary, thesaurus, or the Internet versions of each for pure enjoyment. Just to find some new words to add to my vocabulary. Nothing school-related or anything. Just looking for some cool new words to use. It's pretty sad. I've also been writing a junk-load more than I usually do. I was pretty much obsessed with writing when I was younger but I kinda stopped for a few years and I guess I've picked it back up. And lately, I've been having thoughts such as the following quite often...Enjoy.

I think our lives are in black and white. There's a covering of sorts. No color, just bleak, gray, and dull. No real purpose or meaning, no excitement. Quite depressing.
But sometimes, rips are made in the cover and brilliant light shines through. Pure white comes through, with blue and red and orange and green and purple. Everything is beautiful. We're no longer just wandering in the dark. We know where we can go if we so desire.
What creates these rips, the holes? I think it's love and relationships. Not just that boy or girl that you can't think straight around, but everyone you care about and love. Everyone you'd give your life for. Or, less dramatically, people you would love to just go eat curly fries and ride go-carts with. I think they all have their own hole with a spotlight that comes soaring out of it, beautifully. These spotlights give us hope and they help us find our way.
Sometimes a light is dim. And sometimes people leave us and their hole is covered over, not completely, just enough to remind us that they their light was there once, but it's gone and will never return. But as long as I've been alive, every time one hole is sealed over, another bigger, brighter hole is created. Sometimes it's even 5 or 10 or 20 bigger, brighter holes, lighting up our lives.

Much Love,
Marissa

No comments: