Friday, December 26, 2008

Be yourself...it doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.. =]

Hey! I hope it doesn't annoy you that I write posts every day. Most people only write one about once a week, but I don't really have anything better to do so... yeah.
I'm on Book 3 of Breaking Dawn, so about halfway through with it. I like to read and all, but I get bored with all the extra little things..I just want to skip to the good stuff.
Did anyone else watch the 24-hour Leave It To Beaver marathon yesterday? Probably not, because it's on that new digital converter box TV thing and most normal people have cable. But it was awesome. I never really thought I was a fan of old shows, particularly those in black and white, but it's so funny! That and Ozzie & Harriett.


“May you do the hard work of the soul to discover your true self. May you find your unique path, the one God has for you. And in the process, may you find yourself comfortable in your own skin." Rob Bell

I know this sounds stupid, but it sort of annoys me how many kids are obsessed with writing. I mean, I love to write. As nerdy as it sounds, I get this strange sense of satisfaction when words are put together in an order that conveys truth, feeling or illustration. But most kids write in kind of an 'emo-kid' way..not because they're truly gifted or passionate, but because they think it makes them cool. I love cool people, not 'cool' people who think that they're automatically worth something because they wear Uggs or wear tons of makeup or write things in poems they don't really mean because it sounds dramatic or emo or whatever. But how shallow is that? Not that I'm innocent of that, I'm guilty too. But I think the typical-for-this-topic verses in Psalm 139 are starting to sink into me. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"
So, I'm thinking that despite my awkwardness, nerdiness, way less than supermodelish looks, and many other downfalls, Jesus still digs me a lot. And despite my lack of love, inconsistency, ignorance, and many other downfalls, Jesus still wants to change me. :)

Much Love,
Marissa

No comments: