Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fiber Optic Lights, Cheesecake Kisses, and Josh Groban(What a day!)

Sveiki! (That's hello in Latvian and has no significance whatsoever for this post.. I just thought I would culture you a bit..hope you appreciated it =])

I hope you've had a blessed day! Haha, not really but it kind of makes me laugh when people tell me to have a blessed day. It's kind of like on Drake & Josh when Josh tells the mailman to have a great day and the mailman says "Don't tell me what to do". It's pretty humorous.

But none of this is a good lead-in to the inevitable part of my post where I tell you about my day. Normally I just jump straight into the gory details of my life after my greeting, and sometimes I have something entirely different to write about, and therefore neglect an account of my daily activities. But I would very much like to tell you about my day today but I don't want to start a new paragraph and it feel like I'm just cliff-diving into a completely different subject than the previous paragraph. I tend to do that a lot. So hopefully this lengthy intro won't make it feel like you're jumping off a cliff, hopefully it will feel like you've been climbing a hill(but I mean, a fairly large one, not like an anthill) and this next section of my post is your reward for getting to the top. I hope the hike was worth it.

I didn't go to bed until around 12:30 last night, so I was extra tired this morning and ended up hitting my snooze alarm several times(well, not exactly hitting it, but opening up my phone and clicking 'Snooze') which I normally don't do on Sundays. But anyways, I got ready and rode to church. Our Sunday School was pretty cool today...we had these 2 college girls come to our class and talk about some of the mission trips they've been on in the past few years. It was really neat to hear all their stories and know that they're just normal, everyday people since normally when people speak to classes and such, their whole career is just living on the mission field in faraway countries, but these girls are just regular college students who realize that their mission field is here before it's anywhere else. So it was really neat. Church was nice...seeing my church friends is always enjoyable!
When we got home, I got on Facebook and as I was looking at the Recent Updates, I saw where my sister's relationship status had changed. She's been dating this guy for almost 3 months and I figured she just removed her status, but when she woke up(don't worry, she watched a church service on TV...or so she says...haha) my parents asked her about it, and she said that she and Mark did, indeed, break up. Yesterday. *Sigh* I'm convinced that even when she gets engaged, I won't know about it till a few days after. Anyways, it's very sad, but hopefully they'll eventually get back together! Normally, I hate it when people break up and get back together, but they're not in high school, so it's different I guess.
We were supposed to decorate the house for Christmas today, but no one else really wanted to. Well, I didn't really either, but I did. Haha. I have this cute little fiber-optic Charlie Brown Christmas tree next to my computer desk, so I put a bunch of girly ornaments on it and it makes my heart smile whenever I look at it:) After I finished that, my family went to a Christmas play at a local church(pretty sure that's the first time I've ever said/typed local church.)(pretty sure that whole sentence felt weird.) Then we went to Wally World. It was actually pretty fun! We bought this adorable little bottle of Coke...I guess it's just like a keepsake, but it's short and round and really cool. We also bought these Hershey's Kisses that are cheesecake flavored. Heaven.on.earth.
When we got home, my dad made this nice dinner that he likes to call "The Alfredo of 08" or "The Christmas Alfredo" (haha, he's such a nerd) and we all sat down to a lovely dinner full of conversation.This whole day has been full of more conversation than usual. But I like conversations, so it works.
Now we're listening to Josh Groban's new Christmas CD. Well, I guess it's new, I don't really keep up with him. It's quite beautiful, if I do say so myself.
Today has been very Christmasy...decorating my little tree, going to a Christmas play, and listening to Josh Groban. :) How serene-sounding.

But here's something that doesn't sound serene at all: school tomorrow. Well, plus the rest of this week. Blah. It's going to be way stressful. I'm so not looking forward to it,but neither is anyone else, so it's okay I guess.
Well, I've gotta get stuff ready for tomorrow and um, sleep would be nice so Adios!

Much love,
Marissa.


P.S. My computer's doing that weird domino effect thing again today, so even though there are a few things that need to be edited, I can't as of right now. So enjoy it for what it is at the moment and hopefully it will be better later. (That could so apply to virtually 90% of life..I'm so good.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol. very good post! glad ur gettin somewhat into the Christmas spirit...can't say the same about myself...