Friday, January 2, 2009

What do veggies, books, and Slankets have in common?

I wish I were a vegetarian.



I wish I had the discipline.



I wish I had the desire.



I wish I knew why this post is so dramatic thus far.



Ha ha,but really, I think it would be fun to be a vegetarian. People always have one of two thoughts when you tell them you're a vegetarian. They either judge you and think you're a dirty sinner for not enjoying all of God's creatures, or they think you're really cool. At least that's what I think they think. Maybe I'm wrong. But, I would like to try my hand at vegetarianism. I'll let you know how it goes.


I'm currently about 29/39ths of the way through Breaking Dawn. My goal this year is to read 35 books, so I just have 34 and 10/39ths left to go! But I'm the slowest reader ever, so once again, I'll let you know how it goes.

My computer has been really dumb lately...it just randomly shuts down when I'm right in the middle of something. This post, for example. I hope it fixes itself soon.

Did you have a good New Year's Eve? I did. Some of my relatives came over and we just laughed and talked and ate and watched movies and enjoyed each others' company :)

My lovely Granny gave me a Slanket. It's so cool. I mean, come on people, it's a blanket with sleeves(I just realized that's how it got its name), how could it not be cool? You can actually read without taking your arms out from underneath the blanket every time you want to turn the page. Plus, it also makes me look like a monk, which could be a plus anytime I wanted to gain some respect from monk-lovers.

My grandmother gave each of us a box with a Bible verse on the back and an ornament inside and we had to read the verse aloud. It was great fun. My dad's verse had the word "residue" in it and we kept mispronouncing words. That, added to the whole 1 A.M. delirious thing, provided for an entertaining 15 minutes. Haha.

We had a kissing fest at midnight. Watching people kiss is so awkward, it really is. But it's kind of intriguing and hard to look away from. Wow. Anyyyways.

I feel like I'm a really terrible blogger. Like I try too hard to make a good post and the opposite happens. Maybe I should just let the thoughts flow freely.
But, at least I use Spellcheck and paragraphs.

Well, it's late and I'm tired, so...

Cheers!
Marissa

No comments: