Monday, January 5, 2009

Dawn to Dark

Hey folks!


I went back to school today. I was dreading it completely, but it was actually pretty awesome. I learned some stuff. Made some new friends. Embarrassed myself. The usual :) Everyone's super tired and we got a junkload of homework, though. Not fun.


I'm on Day 2 of vegetarianism and. it. rocks! It's a little difficult but, psh nothing I can't handle. I'm currently looking on some websites for high-protein foods and meatless recipes and such. Eating is so enjoyable now!


I went to Borders after church yesterday..it was awesome! I love that place. I really want to read Blue Like Jazz(Donald Miller), The Shack(William Young),Velvet Elvis(Rob Bell), and Jesus Want To Save Christians(Rob Bell). Those are the main ones on my to-read list. Now if only I had the money to buy them...

Speaking of books, so far in Breaking Dawn, I've found SEVEN errors. And that's doesn't even include the many sentences that end with prepositions or say things like "Me and Edward" instead of "Edward and I." Not including the error I posted a few weeks ago, here is a list of the horrendous slip ups:



from page 472 : "Why you don't you just tell me who wins?"


from page 575: "if a having a supernaturally thick skull could really be considered special."


from page 678: "As long Jacob was with Renesmee, she would be all right."


from page 693: "Raw as I was, I knew that if this were between her and me, I would obliterate her."


from page 699: "We none of us can entirely control our subconscious desires."


from page 703: "I was about to reach out to them when I realize that, strangely, I could still feel their sparks."

...Yeah, that's disappointing.


Haha, so earlier tonight, my sister, my mom, and I were going to go to Sam's for a few minutes to get The Shack (:D). Well, it's been raining like crazy all day so when my sister was trying to back out of the driveway, she kinda slid off into the grass. But it wasn't just innocent grass, it was like sinking mud. So my mom had to get out of the car and go find my dad, who proceeded to put this piece of wood under the tire to help it or something, I guess. It's pitch black outside, so my mom's out the in the freezing rain holding a flashlight while my dad tries to get the car out of the deep mud.
Well, she finally pushed forward onto stable land and we went on about our day.
There's still a nice dent in the verdure.

xoxoxo

Marissa

No comments: