Friday, January 9, 2009

And sometimes, Billy, Chex Mix tastes like salsa

Man, today has been crazy weird.

It all started when my alarm went off this morning, which, I suppose, is generally how days start.

I could not get up. I was so tired; but I finally got up and got ready for another day of school. I was a little later than normal, but that's okay.

I have Science first period and everyone was feeling more gossipy than usual, which lead to a day filled with gossip, rumors, and immature drama. Seriously, people, it wouldn't kill you to grow up. I'm not a dramatic person outside of poetry and a few other forms of writing, so I generally stay out of whatever all the kids who never learned how to act are doing. But today it sort of involved people I'm friends with and it's really frustrating. Not so much the actual drama, but the fact that people could possibly be so mean and immature. It's pretty strange. And now I sound like every other kid in America who speaks endlessly of the immaturity of others and fails to see their own. Sorry about that.

Anyways. So I'm sitting in Science, finishing up some History homework, and our principal comes in and hands me this letter. From our Senator. Um, yes. He signed it and everything!

When I got home, I got on Blogspot and saw that I had a new comment from Matt at The Church of No People on my last post. How cool is that?

I've been reading Shakespeare and The Shack this evening. Shakespeare is amazing; some of his writings make my head feel numb, but most of it is just pure genius. Seriously. I know that sounds nerdy, but that's okay. If I had 1/1,000th of his talent, I could live in a lofty apartment in New York with a white couch, a wall of windows, and a plethora of abstract paintings. Ahh. That doesn't sound too nerdy, now does it? No, that sounds like the abode of a supermodel, which some people say I am ;) But I'm more of a nerd, so that doesn't sound incredibly thrilling to me, but I want to relate to everyone on this blog, I guess.

Ha, I was watching this show about American Idol and Simon was talking about his love for dogs. I wrote the following quote on my hand because it made me laugh: "If it was Puppy Idol, I'd be the nicest judge on Earth." Oh, Simon. My favorite judge!



Well, on the bus of blogging, this is my stop, so I'm gonna get off. :)

Love,
Marissa

By the way, I'm sure you're at least a teensy bit curious about the title of this post, so I shall tell you what it means. Basically, my dad brought me some Chex Mix tonight and it tasted like salsa.
And everything sounds cooler in the form of a quote.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marissa - thanks for 'following' my blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'll be checking back to see how you're doing. In the meantime, God bless and happy blogging!

Kaycee Lee said...

haha i like your blogs
and yes shakespeare is amazingg