Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Stuffed Dog Was Named After Me...It's A Good Day!

I went to a wedding today. Have I ever expressed my love for weddings? They're so sweet and awesome. They really bring out my girly side. 
But I think my favorite part would have to be the reception. But aside from the dancing and seeing the newlyweds so happy and the bride in that really cool happy-outgoing-talk-to-anybody mood, is there really a reason to attend? Um, yes. It's called food. F-o-o-d. And this reception did not disappoint. I think I even discovered my new favorite food: won tons. They are amazing. And, because my mother's best friend is the bride's mother, we even got to take home a bunch of food, including a hefty chunk of each of the cakes and some won tons.

The wedding was at this beautiful church. Well, actually the inside was pretty gross, but the outside was like a picture-perfect wedding scene. They had these brick stairs with black rails  and white doors at the top and I could just picture the bride running down those steps into a limo. 

After the ceremony, we had some time before the reception, so we just drove around this random neighborhood. 
And I thought the church was picture-perfect. This neighborhood was unreal. Every tree, stop sign, and house could have been on the cover of a magazine. I much prefer the city to the country, but this place was absolutely beautiful. As soon as I get a camera and some free time, I'm totally having a photo shoot there.

So anyways, after the reception hall finally cleared out, my family went over to the bride's family's house to hang out and eat and such. Fun, fun. 

When we got back in the car I checked my phone. Cory had sent me a text saying that his sister got a stuffed dog and named it Marissa. I feel so honored :) Ha ha.

The wedding was about 45 minutes away, so we decided to listen to some Lynyrd Skynrd on the way. 
"Freebird!!!!" 
I'm totally gonna yell that at the next concert I attend. Not. 

I'm so thirsty. Don't you hate when a sudden surge of thirst comes on right when you're trying to hit the hay? It's ever so annoying. 

Well, it's past 2 and a)I need to go to sleep so I'll get up in time for church and b)school starts Monday(which is technically tomorrow) so I need to break this whole go to sleep at 2, wake up at noon deal.


Marissa (Muh-rih-suh) n. A really awesome thirsty kid who stays up too late and loves won tons

No comments: