Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break '09, Day 2: Green, Clean, Dean, and Your Spleen

Hey, folks! 

You know what's funny? I'm never sure how to pronounce that word. Sometimes I think it's like "fokes," but sometimes I think it's more like, "fow-luh-x." It's a mystery.

Anyway, as fascinating as that is, I'm sure you came to my blog expecting to read about my day. Well, it's St. Patty's Day! I've been wearing this green Rolling Stones jacket all day(except for when I was at karate... then I drew a green heart on my hand to avoid getting pinched.)

 I woke up with this terrifying cough; my throat kept constricting. It was pretty scary, but don't worry. I got some Pepsi, so now I'm good. (When I wrote that, I accidentally wrote 'god.' haha.) Anywho, my mom wrote "Please clean me" on all these Post-It notes on various apparatuses, so she could tell us to clean without being threatening. Haha, nice. So we cleaned and cleaned, and I think our house is on the verge of sparkling. Delight!

      I finally finished this book called Eli by Bill Myers. I've been reading it for over a month, but I'm usually studying or doing homework, so I never really had time to finish it until today. Now I'm reading Blue Like Jazz. I'm only on the 29th page, but it is rather wonderful so far. 

     I bet you'll never guess what show I'm watching right now. I can't decide who I like better; Jess or Dean. (For Rory, I mean. I generally don't develop crushes on fictional television show characters.) Jess is cool because he's kind of a rebel and he reads a lot, but Dean is cool because he's the innocent guy who you know probably won't hurt Rory. Hm..

     I got my yellow belt at karate today. Technically I earned it last week, but we kept forgetting the check book, so we couldn't purchase it until today. 
     

Well, I am a sleepy girl, so I'm going to sign off.

Much Love,
Marissa.

P.S. The "your spleen" in the title was used solely for the purpose of poetry, but I think it has the potential to become the new "your face" joke, despite the fact that it kind of makes me gag.

No comments: