Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break '09, Day 1: thrift stores, Star's Hollow, execrable music, and Chinese food.

Hello, folks!

So, my day began with sleep. It was great, but my grandparents and my cousin wanted to take my sister and me out to lunch, so I had to get up at 10 to get ready. They arrived at our house a few minutes early. After a few patient phone calls and gentle bell-ringings, they started hounding us cop-style. I don't know if a cop has ever shown up on your doorstep, but those guys are determined to rap on your ingress as hard as humanly possible. Considering their lack of formal training, my grandparents did rather well. Anyways, we finally got ready and left. We went to McAlister's and just sat around and talked; it was pretty fun. Not as exciting as last time, but still fun! Instead of heading home afterward, my grandmother wanted to do a little shopping, so we went to this thrift store called Bibles for China. Ahh, it was awesome. After sorting through the typical thrift store hodgepodge, I found this $1 sweatshirt, some fab books, and a really pretty painting. Exciting.


When we got home, we watched a lovely episode of Gilmore Girls before heading to a local mall to do some shopping. We went to Claire's. I don't know if you've ever been there, but they play the worst music known to man. Each measure is like a sin against humanity. Actually, that statement comes partially out of truth and partially out of the fact that my sister takes several hours in any given store. However, I still love her, and it bought me some time with these absolutely amazing glasses I found. It's pretty much a dream of mine to wear glasses, so I got to live that dream for a little while today. After we finally left with our 10 items for $10, we went to Lifeway, because it has a delightful atmosphere and fewer undelightful tunes. We didn't buy anything, but we did discover some really rad Bibles and books.

Next, we went home to find my dad, aunt, and grandmother slaving away in the kitchen. They were preparing a lovely homemade Chinese meal. Once it was finished, we all sat down and ate. Fun fun! They just left a few minutes ago, actually.

Well, I think I hear another episode of Gilmore Girls beginning, so I guess I shall depart. Oh, but speaking of those lovely ladies, my dad, sister, and I paralleled their characters with our family; I'm Rory, my sister is Lorelei, my dad is Mr. Gilmore, and my mom is Mrs. Gilmore. :)

Much Love,
Marissa.

P.S. If you know of any admirable, preferably esoteric tunes I could listen to this week, feel free to drop me a line. =]

3 comments:

snr4gvn said...

I bought like 10 Star Trek books there when I was volunteering with my church.

Andrea said...

Haha I totaly agree with the music-at-Claires comment. Ugg it annoys me.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!