Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Fever

Hello friends!

So...days like today make me genuinely miss homeschooling (and I've used the word "genuinely" at least 4 times today...weird...). We have 16 days of school left. And I'm really trying to keep chill about the end of the year. I really am. You know, school comes, school goes, it's expensive, I don't want to be unappreciative, I should try hard. Thoughts like that. However, most of my college and homeschool friends are just living free and easy, just chillin', ya know. And I'm crammed in itsy bitsy classrooms allll day. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think my pursuit of knowledge should end on the last day of school, but I'm ready to be able to read whatever I want and have my own schedule and learn what I want to learn. And it doesn't help that everyone is being super-dramatic. I mean, really kids, you need to learn what is your business and what is not. And then it doesn't help that my competitive nature very much so displays itself in academics, and lately I have been consistently realizing how dumb I am and how smart pretty much everyone else is. I swear, some people are just born smart and some people are just not. I most definitely fall into the latter category. So right now I should really be disciplined and go study or something, but man, I just want to do anything but that. And of course all these frustrations have reminded me of all the things I hate about the school system in general. But that is another post for another time.

And oh man, this time of year just makes me so much more restless than usual. But I will not make the same mistake as last year and read Searching for God Knows What. An entire book dedicated to one man's journey up the west coast. Great thing to read this time of year.

Well, I am off to attempt to study. I will get through this. After all, school comes, school goes.

Much Love,
Marissa Lanae

P.S. I'm sorry for starting almost every sentence with "And" or "But." Haha.

No comments: