Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm on a Topical Island

Hello, friends!

I know you just love the title of this post, right? haha.

Topic #1: Movies
I'm really not a movie person at all. They get so old after a while, and I usually lose interest halfway through. I kind of like TV shows because you can drag them out for years. Anyway, anytime the topic of movies has come up lately, I've heard people mention The Blind Side. My family saw it on Thanksgiving. I have to say, I don't think I've ever seen a movie that was as terrible as The Blind Side. A) The acting was atrocious; the only somewhat likable character was Michael. B) The language was way overdone. I'm not a fan of cussing in general, but particularly not when it's obvious that it's only in a movie to be edgy or whatever. It would have been slightly understandable to put some language in the ghetto scenes, but there really wasn't any in those scenes. C) It was rather scandalous; Sandra and Tim were all over each other, and they're not even married in real life. D) The political and racial aspect was overemphasized. We get that you're white Republicans. We understand. You don't have to bring it up every two seconds.
The actual story is pretty neat, but the movie was a waste of time and money.

I will tell you what a good movie is: Larger Than Life in 3D. It was a concert that featured Dave Matthews Band, Ben Harper and Relentless 7, and Gogol Bordello. My sister and I went yesterday, and it was excellent. We were the only people in the theatre, so we were free to talk, which we did quite often. Haha. It was the first movie we've ever seen in 3D, so that was an exciting experience. Gogol Bordello was insane, and I'm pretty sure only half of their stuff was in English. Ben Harper was kind of lame, but I liked the drummer. DMB was wonderful. I've always thought they were really lame, but my opinion has since been changed. There was another band after the credits. I can't remember their name, but they were good. I'd tell you to go see it, but I'm not sure that it's still showing.

Topic #2: Exams
I love exams. I drew a picture in Paintbrush that says "I heart exams." True story. Haha. It's so fun to study independently and then just go to school for an hour and be done. Plus they're fun to talk about. I took my last one today, so I am o-fficially on break. I'm pretty excited.

Topic #3: Marathons
I ran a marathon a few weeks ago. Actually, that was a complete lie. I walked a 5k. Not as exciting but still very fun. My goal is to run a half-marathon next year. White kid much? Haha.

Topic #4: Illnesses
I've been sick for the past two weeks. I had a cold or something last week, and I woke up the other day and couldn't breathe as I normally do. I kinda freaked out, so I told my mom and went to the doctor and it turns out I have pneumonia. Thankfully it's not bad at all, and I'm already breathing better.

Topic #5: Facebook
I deactivated my Facebook the other day. Feels good.
Haha.

Topic #6: Tumblr
I have to say, I really do not like Tumblr. I like one or two profiles on there, but I don't think it can be considered a "blog." Most of the so-called blogs on there are just a series of emo pictures, quotations from movies, and updates on what the person is doing. In a "Which is actually a blog site-Blogspot vs. Tumblr" debate, Blogspot would win.

Topic #7: Knitting
I really want to learn how to knit. I found some slightly-helpful videos on Videojug, so that's a start I suppose. I will say, I rock at casting on. Haha. If you have any tips and such, they would be greatly appreciated.

Well, that's all for now. Get ready; the next post will be a bit intense.

Much Love,
Marissa


No comments: