Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good.

You know what annoys me? People. Kids in particular. More specifically, kids who toss a $7,000 tuition out the window because they don't focus in class, think "That's What She Said" jokes are the best things in the galaxy, and make fun of people who obey rules. I think I'm starting to remember why I liked homeschooling. Not that I don't love school, but I'm still not used to being around a bunch of rowdy kids all day.
Basically, today has been annoying.

Anyway, that was a lame way to start a post. Hope you're doing well. Tomorrow all the kids with 3.5 GPA's get to go bowling. Yippee. Although I'm kind of scared I might get hit in the head and get a concussion, seeing as it is Friday the 13th.
And I think we all know what that means; Valentine's Day is just around the corner! I'm anxious to see what Cory got me. haha. He said he ordered it from a magazine; shnazzy!

It seems like there are a lot of problems in the world. Perhaps I should remove the "it seems like" from that sentence. There are a lot of problems in the world. From poverty to severe lack of poverty, drugs to lies, killing to hatred, child abuse to divorce, there is a lot that isn't right. So what can we do about it? I'm not positive. What I do know is that, no matter how frustrating they can be, God's put people into our lives. We can teach them and they can teach us. Maybe it's just encouraging someone to tell the truth or giving them a few words of encouragement. We'll never know how our words and actions affect others, but never doubt that they do. People are watching. Use that fact for good. Treat people how you want to be treated. Act how you want others to act.

So what are your ideas? How can we make the world a little better?

Well, I have to go study.

Much love,
Marissa

1 comment:

Kaycee Lee said...

ugg i agree about the annoying kids in class who just joke around and disrespect teachers. it's like..grow up!!

and i think that doing the small things can help make the world better just as much as the big things. small as just making someone feel wanted, or that they have a friend. or giving 50 cents to someone who really needs it. I dunno.