Sunday, February 8, 2009

How Was The Ski Trip, You Ask?

Hi, folks! Oh my goodness, the ski trip was amazing!!

We left at about 2:30 on Friday, travelled for a few hours, and stopped to eat at Lambert's. There were only two vegetarian options on the whole menu, so I bought this ginormous salad. I'm pretty sure I could write a book about salads, because I've eaten a salad at almost every restaurant I've been to in the past month. We arrived at the resort around 9 and, after putting on the wrong shoes and taking a billion and one pictures, finally hit the slopes. It was solid ice; there was hardly any snow, but surprisingly, I never fell. We took a lesson on putting the skies on and such, then this annoying guy taught us how to stop, then we finally hit the bunny slopes!
They were so fun, but after a few hours, we decided we wanted bigger and better slopes. So Kendyl, Juliana, and I skied over to the next level which involved a rope and really slick hills. Juliana tried it first. She did well and decided she wanted to try it again. That didn't work out so well. Here's what I wrote about it later that night:



I looked up and saw Juliana trying desperately to stop but, finding that impossible, she screamed instead.

"Watch out, Mrs. Lynn!"

She knocked my mother down, leaving her sprawled out and shocked. I whisked around as quickly as my skied feet would allow. I saw her nearly sailing through the air and flying off a steep embankment, poles flying every which way. I was terrified when I saw her, unsure of her medical state. She looked so helpless down there.



Oh man, it was emotional. At first I was terrified, but then the uncontrollable laughter began. I'm still laughing about it. Thankfully she was okay, aside from a minor rope burn. It was insane. Needless to say, none of tried that course again. We stuck to the bunny slopes, which also proved to be dangerous because Kendyl was just standing there and some guy plowed into her. Brutal. But hilarious.

We left around 3:30 a.m. We decided that we would be the first group to not fall asleep on the way home. That didn't work out too well. But it was loads of fun and we definitely have a lot of new memories! Ha ha.

Much love,

Marissa

1 comment:

Kaycee Lee said...

seems like fun! i wish i knew how to ski haha