Monday, February 28, 2011

Afternoon In the Life...

...of a student. More specifically, a slow-working, undiagnosed-ADD, not-very-smart student. Namely, me. Today's time of homework (which is still in full swing, mind you) has been particularly hard for some reason. But I'm determined to have a good attitude. Determined. The pastor at the church I went to today said that greatness is the peak of the mountain that has been climbed laboriously for many years. That success means burning the midnight oil when everyone else is out living it up (or sleeping; they're practically synonymous). So, with those sentiments in my mind, the strength of the Lord in my heart, and a cup of coffee in my hand, I will press on through the wee hours of the morning, studying and reading and writing.

Nothing worth having comes easy. The pain makes the city more beautiful. etc. etc. (I need lots of inspiration, you see).

Anyways, I'm a terrible time-manager, so in an effort to get better in that area, I've kept a detailed account of how I've spent my time this afternoon/evening and since I know you're all interested in it, I'm going to post it. Enjoy!

2:28- reading Sparknotes
3:10- watching Julius Caesar on Youtube
3:22- Creeping around on Tumblr
3:40- Taking a few photos and sending a text
3:53- Geometry
4:23- Second Geometry lesson
4:31- finished with geometry
4:37- reading blogs
4:40- Twittering
4:58- writing a paper
5:41- Twittering
5:52- writing a paper
6:15- dinner
6:25- lab write-up
6:49- blog-reading
6:55- continuing with the grueling write-up
7:03- coffee break
7:13- lab
8:07- ice cream break
8:23- back to lab write-up
9:05- break from the Lab of Doom to print off some papers
9:10- "5-minute nap"
12:10- wake up
12:12- Twitter
12:42- writing this

I know you are probably super jealous of my life right now. Super jealous.

Anyways, I've wasted enough of my time that could have been spent much more wisely, so I'm going to log off.

Much Love,
Marissa Lanae

No comments: