Friday, April 10, 2009

Past Few Days...

Hills. 
Green hills. 
No, greenish yellow hills.
A nice-looking cabin.
A bus.
Rude people in brown uniforms beating people down and commanding them to do humiliating things. 
Terror. 
Cold-sweat, I'd-do-anything-to-get-away-from-here terror.
Nazis.
Jews.
Sirens.
Finally.
Something to jolt me from dream world.
No, nightmare world.
That's it; I had my first nightmare last night.
It was a modern retelling of the Holocaust. It was terrifying. I almost cried.

Anyway, it's Good Friday which, among other things, means that my sister and I are out of school. We're watching Gilmore Girls, of course. I desperately need to clean my room, though. Ah, where to begin. Let's see, D-Now was last weekend. It was so amazing; I learned so much. We went to the inner city to do a family festival. It was so cool. I was completely terrified at first, but there were no gun shots or anything, so that's always good. Unfortunately, I got about eleven hours of sleep and, though that's more than some got, I was still pretty out of it all week. Hence the messy room and somewhat lousy grades. My week started off pretty terrible as well. I overheard some kids making fun of this kid because he isn't as social as them. Though, in my opinion, I'd rather be less social that a completely heartless jerk. Man, I was indignant. I kind of wanted to claw their eyes out so everyone else would make fun of them for not having eyes. I cried. Well, more like teared up, since I'm not much of a crier. It still makes me mad.  Of course, now I sound equally as jerky. 
We had our first track meet Monday. It was approximately 37 degrees. I threw terribly. Oh well, we had another one yesterday and I was slightly better.

So, there's a lot more I could say, but I'm tired of writing this, so....

Much love,
Marissa.

No comments: