Saturday, April 18, 2009

"It's the cliiiiiiiiiiimb."

Hello!
Oh man, I hope you all had a great Easter! I did. All my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and nieces came down to party at our house. I was so sad when everyone had to leave, especially my sister. You'd think each time she leaves to go back to college it would get easier, but it doesn't. It gets harder. But 2 more weeks and she'll be home for three months!

God has taught me so much lately in the most real ways. I don't think I've ever truly believed the Bible was relevant or real until now. I always thought it was just some boring book you read to look or feel godly, but it's not. It's actually real. It makes sense. I've only met one or two people in my life who have actually personified God's words but they were the most amazing people I've ever met. It's like instead of things just being written on paper, they're actually written on your heart. For example, I've heard a lot of gossip in my lifetime and other people have heard a lot of gossip from me. It has hurt or ruined so many relationships. However, there is a verse in Proverbs that says "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter and the glory of kings to search it out." My life would be so much better if I learned to conceal matters. That brings me to the next example. I said earlier that I've heard a lot of gossip, but I just said my life would be better if I learned to conceal matters. Why? In Matthew, it says, "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." I have to take responsibility. I have to remove the plank from my eyes first. You'd think it would be burdensome to constantly take responsibility, but it is so freeing. Instead of dwelling on what other people have done, I can focus on what I do. I can change what I do much more easily than I can control what others do. I could go on and on with the examples, but I think you get the idea. :)

Wednesday was tax day. I went to one of those tea parties. It was insanely awesome. I felt like such a hippy. Haha. Speaking of things related to politics, the elections at my school are this week. I'm so nervous. I have to write a speech telling people how wonderful I am. What a great Christian school I go to, encouraging pride and all. Ha. I have like 4 opponents, so wish me luck!

Wednesday is Earth Day. I really want to go see that movie called Earth. Speaking of movies, I also kind of want to see the Hannah Montana movie. Seriously. Not in like a "ha, I'm too old to see it but people will think I'm funny and cool if I watch it" kind of way, more in like a "It looks cute, not overly-produced, and I have a feeling I will cry during it" way. That song "The Climb" already turns my tear ducts on. lol. And while we're on the subject of movies, I saw Kung Fu Panda last night. It was pretty much awesome. Oh, and I forgot to watch The Passion of the Christ last weekend. I sound like such an avid movie-watcher, but I'm really not. I usually don't have the attention span to get through them.

Well, I have a ton to do!

Peace and Love,
Marissa.

1 comment:

snr4gvn said...

I can't believe you actually went to one of those parties. I didn't hear much about them, and I still don't really know what they were about, but when I saw the pictures on Facebook I was really surprised haha.