Sunday, July 25, 2010

Speaking of updates...

Hi friends!

I keep thinking of all these things I want to blog about but I haven't gotten around to any of them, so I figured I would just write something. Just writing something is important, you know. I'm sort of reading Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott, and that's one of the things she emphasizes: just writing something, getting something down on paper. I've definitely been trying to make writing a priority lately; it really is good for the soul. And it's easy too; you can just sit down and write about how important writing is and voila! you've written something. Pretty cool.

I would like to warn you that this post will likely be boring and terrible. Boring because my life is not that exciting or dramatic. Terrible because I'm really tired, but I'm trying to resist a nap so I'll sleep well tonight. Oh dear, I think I'm turning into a mom blogger...posting every detail of my sleep patterns. However, if you've ever read a mom blog, you know that it could be much worse than just sleep pattern discussion.

Speaking of sleep, I have to sleep well tonight so I can get up bright and early and go to band camp. Forty-four hours of band camp this week. Forty-four grueling hours. Thankfully, those forty-four hours are pretty much all that stand between me and seeing my beloved sister for the first time in ages. I miss her so very much. Ten weeks without her is just not right.

Speaking of being without people, one of my close friends moved away last week. She says the town is practically Mayberry. Population: 2,000. The high school holds 200 kids. The church holds 100. Her dad's the new pastor of one of the two churches there. To get to Wal-Mart, you have to drive over a mountain. I so can't wait to visit her, hopefully soon! I would very much like for this "people Marissa loves moving away" trend to end soon.

So... I started a garden yesterday. Then my dog dug up half my plants. Also, my mom forgot to tell me some important things regarding gardening, so now I have to dig up my flowers and start again. How delightful.

To offset that incredibly grandma-ish paragraph, I feel the need to say that Underoath is coming near here in 13 days. I really, really, really, really want to see them. Like, it's on my bucket list and everything. Also, I feel the need to see them before any other key members leave. Speaking of concerts, I saw Every Avenue, Amely, The Secret Handshake, Maika from There for Tomorrow, and Sing It Loud a few weeks ago. Everyone except Every Avenue was really awesome, especially Maika and The Secret Handshake.

Well, I'm going to go start on that to-do list of mine now. Have a good day.

Much Love,
Marissa

No comments: