Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pro-LIfe vs. Anti-Abortion


I know a lot of people who are passionately opposed to abortion. They call themselves "pro-life." However, recently I have heard several "pro-lifers" say that they would love to kill Iranians, the mothers who are crazy enough to have abortions (after they give birth, of course), and, well, pretty much anyone who disagrees with them. I'm not exactly sure where "wishing death" falls under the category of "pro-life." If you truly support life -all of life, everyone's life-, then say you're pro-life. If you support unborn babies and want to kill everyone else, then call yourself anti-abortion. The end.

Ok, so, like the people who call themselves pro-life and support murder, I lied. That wasn't the end. I would like to add this quotation, because I like it and it's related.

"I must say I am still passionately pro-life, I just have a much more holistic sense of what it means to be for life, knowing that life does not begin at conception and end at birth, and that if I am going to discourage abortion, I had better be ready to adopt some babies and care for some mothers."-Shane Claiborne


No comments: