Saturday, June 6, 2009

Simple.

Hello, kind blog readers! I hope you are having a wonderful summer so far!



I just got back from church camp. Ahhh, it was so much fun! We went rappelling and spelunking and we did a high ropes course and shot arrows out of bows. I met some lovely new people. It was great. Our speaker was so amazing; I learned so much. It was so cool actually meeting people instead of just Facebooking or Twittering them.
I compiled a list of all the inside jokes:

1) Michael's eye trick.

2)Everyone nearly dying on Pirate's Crossing.

3) Popsicles.

4) The Hike.

5) Rule #9.

6) Not shaving. haha.

7)No PDA/PDF/PDFWB

8) Cold and sleepy.

9)Boy stories with Kayla.

10)Cheez-Its on the porch.

11) Praying aloud/in groups!

12)Disgusting food and everyone getting sick from it.

13) Everyone moving to the other side of the cabin.

14) My eyes being half open while sleeping.

15) The "thinking" pose.

16) Not knowing anything about the speaker.

17) "It's camp. Who cares?"

18) Globe volleyball in the dorm.

19) The "in-crowd"



Good times, good times.



So, lately I've been pretty much obsessed with TOMS. I'm going to get the ash canvas ones as shown at the top of this post. They are so beautiful. I smile every time I see them. Haha.





I got a letter in the mail from Samaritan's Purse today. It was talking about the Lord's Resistance Army and how it's moving into the Congo. It makes me really sad. I'm definitely going to be praying that it will END. You should join me.




Much Love,
Marissa

2 comments:

snr4gvn said...

I have no idea what it's about, but I liked #7 just because it's got a computer term in the middle haha: No PDA/PDF/PDFWB.

Anonymous said...

Haha. This comment is overdue. But yes, camp was amazing.